History


The Beginnings

It was the vision of Yang Mulia Raja Tan Sri Muhammad Alias Raja Muhammad Ali, Felda’s first Director-General to construct a storage terminal for Crude Palm Oil (CPO) in the southern region. This idea was materialized when FJB, the parent company of FJB Group, was incorporated on 9 October 1974 and was officially opened by YAB Allahyarham Tun Hussein Onn, the Prime Minister of Malaysia (1976-1983), at a grand Opening Ceremony in 1979.

The momentous occasion marked a historical moment not only for FJB, but also for Johor as this was the first palm oil storage terminal in Johor Port. A new era had just begun in the Malaysian palm oil industry. FJB started with 23 oil storage tanks and a combined total capacity of 33,000MT. The sheer size of the terminal was impressive.

Current

FJB’s presence in Asia grew and soon it became one of the world’s biggest single vegetable oil terminal in a short span of over 30 years. From the very start, FJB was operating in constantly changing and challenging times, and experienced many economic and technological transformations that are part of the international palm oil industry. FJB’s growth in Asia has been nothing short of spectacular. The Company employed less than 15 staff during its start-up. Today, the figure stands at beyond 400 employees.

At the turn of new millennium, FJB acquired its subsidiaries Felda Bulkers Sdn Bhd (FBSB) in October 2001. The latter was previously incorporated in 1996 and owned by other Felda subsidiaries namely Felda Enterprise Sdn Bhd (96%) and Felda Holdings Sdn Bhd (4%). The acquisition consolidated the two Felda bulk tank providers under one umbrella thus forming a terminal network of 7 terminals at all major ports and thereby had strategically positioned FJB Group across Malaysia. Indirectly, this acquisition allowed FJB to own Pasir Gudang Grains Terminal Sdn Bhd (PGGT), that provides storage and handling of palm kernel expellers, palm kernel pellets and also grains i.e. Soya Bean and Maize. PGGT, which was established in 1987, is currently known as Felda Grains Terminal.

In line with FJB’s aim is to be the leading liquid terminal for vegetable oils in Asia Pacific region, the Company had further invested in Indonesia to tap the potential of Indonesia’s growing palm oil industry. In 2004, FJB acquired PT Patisindo Sawit (PTPS) which is located in Palembang, South of Sumatra in Indonesia. FJB owns 99.98% while the remaining 0.02% is owned by the local partner.

While Pasir Gudang has been the nerve center of FJB’s operations, the Company had also invested in Tanjung Langsat, another new developing port located just 15 kilometers from Pasir Gudang. Langsat Bulkers Sdn Bhd - a 31,200 MT terminal was established initially through a 40:60 joint venture between FJB and Tanjung Langsat Port on 20th July 2006 but later became FJB’s full subsidiary in 2011.

With such vast terminal network and most extensive warehousing facilities, FJB Group being one of the largest vegetables oil bulking installation, aims to operate the world's best terminals catering for liquid bulk vegetable oil storage and other future liquid bulk oils.


© 2013 FELDA-JOHORE BULKERS SDN BHD.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.